8.19.2011

Once more to the lake

Heading up to Maine this weekend for a quiet (and most likely rainy) summer get away. I'm prepared to hunker down with a good book, if that's what the weather dictates: I'm bringing an E.B. White biography that I picked up at a used bookstore in Bath last summer. White & his wife, Katherine, (and, often, one of their dachshunds, which White wrote lovingly and hilariously of) spent many years living in a farm house in Brooklin, Maine and I can't help but enjoy the idea of beginning his biography with such geographical tidiness. Looking forward to a little reading & relaxation (with my own comedic hound) up north... the way life should be.


'If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve (or save) the world and a desire to enjoy (or savor) the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.'

- E.B. White




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails