3.22.2012

That Girl

Just in time to wrap up Women's History Month, Joanna Goddard has posted some doozie examples of advertisements from not so long ago over on her superblog. As much as I love the graphics of the Volkswagon campaign, the text is just so 'Gah... lady drivers! Amiright, fellas!?'. Pretty amazing how quickly times can change... or not.


Fascinating, but...
Why don't we end this annual endeavor on a slightly more inspiring note. Just take a minute to take a look at all of the stories of ground-breaking, history-making American women documented on the PBS-initiated series Makers.

'I never knew what I wanted to do, but I knew the kind of woman that I wanted to be... and I became that woman.'
- Diane Von Furstenberg

'I kind of consider it part of the job... doing a little bit of groundbreaking.'
- Miranda July








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails