7.17.2012

Godard on Allen



Watching the recent two-part Woody Allen documentary (currently streaming on Netflix!) has sparked a bit of an independent Allen retrospective on my part. Some of his films leave me cold, but enough of them are a beloved layer of the collage of images and ideas that informed my young adult, rural-island-dwelling-heart of what it might be like to be smart and funny and to live in New York. And that is enough to keep me fairly loyal to the work (and curious enough to get right out there to catch To Rome, with Love).

And then, thanks to Mike Mills (have you seen Beginners? I mean, really, you need to see this movie as soon as possible.), I came upon this brief meeting of the masters directed by Jean-Luc Godard. Of course it is a little strange, but also insightful and worth a watch just to see the exchange between these two auteurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails