9.12.2010

Brimfield

The Brimfield flea market wrapped up for the season this weekend and I (along with a few friends and Murray the dog) headed west for the final day. Not necessarily a novice, I went for the first time last year, and yet still the sheer amount of objects and things and never-before-seen-collections (hundreds of ornate walking canes!) can be a bit overwhelming. This typically results in my not wanting to actually buy anything, but to just look. And to think of an empty house or beach cottage to fill with eclectic finds.

I did purchase a few small things: like last year, I found the bead dealers and bought several strands to use in new jewelry creations. At a booth filled with all sorts of amazing laboratory glass, I bought two small pyrex bottles with glass stoppers. These are just the thing I've been looking for to contain a mix of perfume oils that I bought in Abu Dhabi last year.

The booths of architectural salvage materials and pieces were my favorite... full of fantastic steel tables, repurposed industrial lamps, and large wooden cabinets, like the one pictured below with multi-colored numbered drawers. Next year I'll bring a truck!


1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Brimfield seems more fitting in the fall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails